You are responsible for this. Have you tried replacing the light bulb? It’s quite a simple thing to do, if you follow these steps.
Follow these simple steps:
- First, make sure the light is switched off and the bulb is cool.
- Get a solid and safe stepladder to stand on, depending on the height of your light.
- Carefully remove the dead bulb by twisting in an anti-clockwise direction. If your bulb has a bayonet fixing (a small metal peg on either side), you will need to gently push up (or down) before twisting.
- Replace the bulb with a new one of the same type, which you can buy from any electrical or DIY shop. We recommend using a halogen, energy-saving bulb, which last longer. Cheap bulbs tend to blow out more regularly than decent quality bulbs.
- To check that the light is working turn it on at the switch or socket, first making sure you are not touching the bulb.
- Success! Wrap your dead bulb in newspaper and put it with your recycled rubbish.