Buying a home

Taking the first step onto the housing ladder has never been tougher. We offer some homes for discounted sale via various home ownership options. This includes some homes being sold via a Low-Cost Home Ownership (LCHO) scheme. LCHO allows those who qualify to buy homes for a lower price than on the private market – making home ownership an easier and more affordable option.


What is the Low Cost Home Ownership scheme?

Homes under the schemes are offered to buyers who meet certain eligibility criteria at 70% of the open market value. Eligibility criteria varies from property to property. Under LCHO, you would own the property outright but Wales & West Housing would hold a legal charge on the remaining 30% equity share. You would only need to raise a mortgage/deposit for the 70% and no interest or rent would be payable on the 30% equity share.

Successful applicants will need to demonstrate by way of a mortgage in principal that they are able to finance 70% of the property value. A deposit of between 5% and 15% would still normally be required by mortgage companies.

Buying a property through the scheme will still incur the normal costs associated with buying a property on the open market including valuation, mortgage and survey fees, legal fees and stamp duty.

Current properties for sale

De Clear Gardens, Hendredenny, Caerphilly


2 & 3 beds

2 baths

Prices from: £147,000

House   |   2 & 3 beds   |   2 baths

*Plots available to Reserve*

Wales & West Housing offer a range of well presented, two and three bedroom homes on Redrow’s sought after De Clear Gardens development at Hendredenny, Caerphilly.

Gwêl Yr Ynys, Sully, Vale of Glamorgan


2 & 3 beds

1 & 2 baths

Prices from: TBC

House   |   2 & 3 beds   |   1 & 2 baths

*New plots to be released Spring/Summer 2024*

Wales & West Housing offer a range of well presented, two and three bedroom homes on the Taylor Wimpey, Gwêl Yr Ynys site in the ever popular historic village of Sully.