About Llys Glan Yr Afon, Newtown
The first extra care scheme in Powys offers a new way of living independently but with access to care on-site 24 hours a day.
This £7.5m, 48-apartment development was built in partnership with Powys County Council and is situated in a picturesque location on the banks of the River Severn. Newtown is the largest town in Powys, with an abundance of shops, restaurants and cafes close by, plus a cinema and theatre.
To be considered for an apartment at Llys Glan-yr-Afon you must be:
- Aged 18+
- Have a care and support need
Priority is given to people already living in Powys.
- 48 apartments – mix of one and two-bed homes
- 24 hour on-site care staff (Castell Care and Support)
- En-suite walk-in shower rooms and contemporary fully fitted kitchens (excluding white goods); many apartments have balconies
- Assisted bathroom
- The Orangery restaurant, serving freshly cooked meals daily
- Lounge areas and guest suite
- Laundry facilities
- Landscaped gardens
- Buggy store
- Regular community activities on-site
Extra care is not just an apartment or house – it’s your home with your own front door. By moving into one of our schemes, you can have a new lease of life, knowing that you can live your life independently, with care and support from the on-site care team when you need it.
Every individual is different, so as a resident, the care and support provided will depend on your needs. There is also an opportunity for you to socialise, meet other people and enjoy learning new skills.