Moving Home

We appreciate that for a number of reasons residents may want or need to move to another Wales & West Housing home. The way to apply will differ in each local authority area. In Cardiff, Merthyr and the Vale of Glamorgan these local authorities operates what is known as Common Waiting Lists.

You no longer have to complete a transfer application form to move to these areas. Instead simply call our Housing Options Team on 0800 052 2526 who will discuss with you your current circumstances and the reasons why you want to move.

You will be accepted onto our waiting list in your chosen area if:

  • You demonstrate-have a housing need
  • We think we can offer you a suitable property within two years
  • If we are unable to help you directly we will advise you on the alternative options which may be open to you.

Please note if you break, or have broken your tenancy agreement, generally we will not consider your request for a transfer. So please make sure that:

  • your property is in good condition
  • your rent is up to date
  • you don’t cause a nuisance to your neighbours
  • What is a sustainable transfer?
  • If you want to move within your current scheme to a similar property with the same number of bedrooms, for example, then we can accept you onto the waiting list as a sustainable transfer.
  •  In these circumstances you do not have to prove a need to move as you will still be leaving a similar property available to house someone else.