Health and Safety Manager
Flexible – North, South or West Wales
Closing date: 27/11/2020, 5pm
Click for more information
Health and Safety Manager
Location: Flexible – North, South or West Wales
Hours: 37 per week
Salary: £46,870 – 54,267 per annum
*Please note, this role is being re-advertised and previous applicants need not apply*
About the role
Due to an internal promotion we are excited to offer this opportunity for an individual looking to make a real difference to the lives of staff and communities across Wales.
Working for the Director of Safety & Compliance you will play a key role alongside our existing Compliance Manager in supporting the business and staff in Wales’ top not-for-profit organisation, as voted by our staff in the Sunday Times ‘Best Companies to Work For’ list.
Based from one of our three Head Offices (Cardiff, Ewloe, Newcastle Emlyn) you will provide strategic and dynamic leadership on all matters relating to health and safety for the Group and act as a duly appointed competent person for health and safety purposes.
We are passionate about maintaining and building on our positive safety culture for the benefit of our staff and customers, which is what this role is all about. Supported by the Director of Safety & Compliance, you will develop and manage arrangements for identifying, documenting, assessing, controlling, and embedding health and safety across the Group.
Our approach to managing and delivering services is to put our people at the centre of what we do, ensuring that our values are not compromised, even in the toughest of situations.
Our values are important to us and they drive the way we behave. We coach managers and staff to improve what they do and how they do it to achieve a safer working environment.
In return for your hard work, commitment and creativity, you will enjoy an environment focused on your continued growth and development, flexible working patterns and a great benefits package.
Knowledge, skills and experience
To succeed in this role:
• You will have a genuine passion and interest in what we do as an organisation and in Health and Safety as a profession.
• You will have a recognised health and safety qualification, equivalent to European Qualifications Framework (EQF) Level 6, such as NEBOSH Diploma in Occupational Health and Safety or MSc Occupational Health & Safety and extensive knowledge and experience of relevant legislation and management systems.
• You will have proven experience of working in a related health and safety role, ideally in a management role.
• As a natural leader and influencer you will be passionate and skilled in the creation of effective approaches and systems to drive positive behaviour around safety.
• Leading a team of five staff members and supported by the Director of Safety & Compliance you will have the resources and opportunity to shape and develop a safety culture at the heart of a forward thinking and successful organisation making a difference to people’s lives, homes and communities across Wales.
In application for this role, we would like you to forward your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org including a cover letter explaining what attracted you to apply for the role, and how your skills and experience meet the responsibilities of the role.
You will find the role profile and job details within the recruitment pack.
Assessment will be conducted via Video call.
If you require any more information about this role, please speak to Martina Melbourne on 07970675480 or email the Human Resources Department at email@example.com.