Renting A Home

We have more than 11,500 homes, of differing property sizes, across 15 Local Authorities in Wales.

We hold waiting lists for some areas and in other areas we let our properties via a Common Housing Register. A Common Housing Register (CHR) is created when the Local Authority and the Housing Associations that work in an area come together to create a single access point to social housing. Each has its own policy for assessing people's housing need. Detailed below are the registers in which we are partners.

If you live or want to live in West Wales you can register interest with the four authorities, Carmarthenshire, Ceredigion, Pembrokeshire and Machynlleth in Powys, at one time. You can apply directly to join the relevant register or waiting list.

To see how each system works either follow the links below or contact the Housing Options Team on 0800 052 2526.











Rhondda Cynon Taf

​Vale of Glamorgan

We match the number of householders to the size of the homes we offer. So, if you are a single person or couple, you would only be considered for a one-bedroom home.

Our aim is to provide you with suitable homes within two years and to achieve this we limit the amount of applications for each LA area.

This means that even if you meet all our criteria we may not be able to help you if the waiting list you are interested in joining is full. However, if this is the case we can discuss what other options may be open to you and will aim to help you in your search for suitable accommodation as best we can.

Before we can accept you onto a waiting list, we need to check that you meet the following criteria:

  • Have you lived in Britain for at least two years?  There are some exceptions but this usually applies.
  • Are you over the age of 16?
  • Do you have a good track record? If you have you been involved in antisocial behaviour or had rent arrears, we may delay or refuse your application.
  • Are you ready to move?
  • Do you have a need for housing? Do any of these apply?
  • Are you homeless or threatened with homelessness?
  • Is your current home unsuitable because it is too small, in poor condition, is only temporary or you are sharing with other families? 
  • Are you being harassed or suffering from antisocial behaviour where you live?
  • Do you have a medical condition that would be improved if you moved?
  • Do you need to move to care for a relative or receive support?
  • Do you need specialist housing such as our retirement or extra care housing?
  • Do you need to move for employment reasons?
  • We have a wide range of houses, bungalows and flats you can apply to live in. Our housing is open to everyone. 

Property Finder

We have thousands of properties across Wales. Check to see if we can help you.
Check property locations

Properties available now

​Occasionally properties become available for people to move into straight away...
Check what's available now

Mutual Exchange

​​Want to move? Swapping your home could potentially be a quicker way to move.
Check if you can apply